Quick & Semi-Homemade.
This is a fun way to add extra flavor and flair to brownies!
- Brownie mix in a box (I prefer Ghirardelli)
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- Half a stick of softened butter
- 2 tablespoons creme de menthe
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
Bake brownies according to box directions. Let cool.
Using an electric mixer, combine confectioners' sugar, half a stick of butter and creme de menthe. Spread on top of the brownies. Melt chocolate chips and butter in the microwave. Use a disposable pastry bag to pipe a border and flowers in the corners. Add sprinkles to decorate.
* I adapted this recipe from Junior League of Baton Rouge, Louisiana River Road Recipes IV Cookbook. They call for unsweetened chocolate in the topping.