Thursday, December 27, 2012

Creamy Turkey Noodle Stew

I hope that your holiday was everything you wished for it to be. We had a lovely evening at my folks house with extended family. There were a lot of laughs during the white elephant exchange.  My 70 something dad got stuck with a 2013 Twilight calendar and book! I ended up with my own gourmet foodie gift basket. It got passed along to my nephew who just graduated and moved into his very first place. I remember when....

If your family likes turkey noodle casserole then you might give this one a try. I call it a cousin of the casserole.  Here's what you'll need:

Creamy Turkey Noodle Stew

  • 2 cups leftover turkey pieces or 2 cups diced turkey 
  • 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
  • 1 can Progresso Creamy Portebello Mushroom Cooking Sauce
  • 2 cups frozen mixed veggies (I used cauliflower, carrot & broccoli)
  • 2 cups sour cream
  • 6 slices of Havarti cheese
  • 1 cup milk
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • salt and pepper

Using the Ninja Cooking System, fry the onion and oil on medium for about 8 minutes. Add the turkey, oyster sauce, chicken broth, mushroom cooking sauce & mixed veggies.  Stir.  Place the lid on top of the Ninja Cooking System and allow the ingredients to cook for about 10 minutes.

Stir again then add milk, sour cream & cheese. Allow to cook for a few minutes. Last, add uncooked egg noodles. Continue to cook on medium stove top for 10 more minutes.

Season with salt and pepper & serve.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious - and like the perfect way to use up turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah, Thanks for dropping by & leaving a comment. I appreciate it. Yes...comfort food and perfect for the leftover turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was just what the winter doctor ordered Frieda! It was so yummy that I had to post about it and totally linked back to you! Thanks so much for the wonderful recipe! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey G+ friend Jeff, I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed this one. Thanks so much for dropping by & for the shout out, too. You rock!

      Delete

Readers Comments