Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Fresh Green Bean Wreath


Hi friends,

Life is so busy around the holidays and I tend to struggle with getting healthy foods in my families tummies as we rush to and from kids practices & events. This one looks so pretty plated but often times you'll find this fresh green bean wreath recipe in a baggie or plastic container in my car. It tastes a lot better than a granola bar or bag of chips!


Delicious, beautiful & healthy!

Fresh Green Bean Wreath

 • 16 ounces fresh green beans
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
 • 1 (1.2 ounce) packet of Omega Trek Mix from Trader Joe's (cranberries, almonds, walnuts, pepitas, pecans and pistachios)

Steam green beans for 5 minutes. Place in a bowl with all ingredients and toss to coat. Arrange the beans in a circle on a serving plate. Slice the orange that was used for the zest and place in the center of the bean wreath. I serve this at room temperature.

 I saw a version of this recipe in a magazine at a grocery checkout line years ago. I make it every year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers Comments