Thursday, December 1, 2011

Fresh Salad




 Mini Cucumber Salad

This is a great go-to recipe when my husband has burned out on sandwiches in his lunch.  We also like it for a side dish, although my kids won’t eat it, so I set a few cucumbers aside for them to eat plain.

·         Bag of mini-cucumbers sold at Costco
·         1 ½ cups white vinegar
·         1 cup water
·         ¾ cup sugar
·         1 teaspoon salt
·         Pepper to taste
·         2 tablespoons of dried dill

Thinly slice cucumbers and set aside.  Mix all ingredients and pour over cucumbers. Marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours and up to a couple of days.

*(Other options to add: sliced red or yellow onion, minced garlic, dried parsley, red pepper flakes, seasoning salt, fennel seeds, or cherry tomatoes, mint in place of the dill)


2 comments:

  1. I love this stuff! It tastes really fresh too. Super important for a man on the go to get his veggies. My wife's baking and cooking is the best. In fact, in regards to a previous post about the Pecan Pie, I have had guys on the jobsite fighting over the last five slices. No kidding. Is one of my many favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Readers Comments