- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- quarter cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/3 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup raspberry gelatin powder
- 2-3 cups frozen (or fresh) raspberries
- Freezer pie crust, bake as directed
Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread into baked and cooled pie crust.
In a saucepan mix the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the stove and add the gelatin. Cool to room temperature.
Place berries over cream cheese mixture. Add the topping layer then refrigerate for a few hours.
Yield: 8 slices
This recipe was adapted from Taste of Home June/July 2007, Allison Anderson. The original recipe calls for a graham cracker pie crust.