Friday, January 11, 2013

Blondie and Chocolate Brownies

Purple Oven Mitt
I have been sitting on the edge of my seat. Wondering & hoping. Imagining and pondering. Will the Kings become the Sonic's? Can it be true?  

I haven't always been a Sonic's fan (Washingtonian's please don't pelt me with tomatoes) My loyalty was with the Trailblazers for many moons.  Since moving to Washington over a decade ago I became a fan of our state sports. With the same enthusiasm as cheering for the Seattle Storm (WNBA), I will welcome and support the Sonic's.

I don't know if this Sacramento deal with go through. Quite frankly I don't care where a team comes from, I just want a team. Is that greedy? I'm not saying that I won't feel badly for Sacramento if they loose their team. I think I know how they will feel if they loose their team. We lost the Sonics to Oaklahoma City back in 2008. But at the end of the day it's about business and the bottom line & I get that.

May our bottom line be as sweet as these cute brownies. After all, Valentine's Day is right around the corner....

Blondie and and Chocolate Brownie


  • 1 1/2 sticks of butter at room temperature
  • 1 tablespoon of butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 cup M & M's

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9"x9" glass pan.

Cream butter and sugars in an electric mixer. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.

In a separate bowl add flour and baking powder. Mix. Pour into the butter/sugar mixture. Mix well. Remove half the batter and place into a bowl.

In the microwave melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the cocoa powder and mix well. Pour over the remaining batter that is located in the mixer.  Mix well. Pour the chocolate mixture onto the bottom of the greased pan.

Spread the blondie mixture on top of the chocolate layer. Sprinkle the M & M's on top.

Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted and removed is mostly clean/dry.



Are you a NBA or WNBA Fan? Which team is your favorite?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers Comments