Saturday, December 8, 2012

Baked Tomato with Feta, Breadcrumbs & Green Onion


There are some big things happening in social media this week & it's pretty fun to watch as Google + rolls out "Communities".  I'm new to the whole Google + thing & admittedly I have stars in my eyes. I added a "Circle" of food bloggers to my profile & the news feed is a foodies' dream. It's 95% food & 5% humor which is aligned perfectly with my interests.

So what exactly is Google + ? It's a direct competitor to Facebook.  Why am I interested in adding another layer of social media to my repertoire? I love engaging with readers and other foodies & mainly because, in recent months, Facebook has been manipulating what "followers" see in their news feeds. The translation here is that if I don't pay to have my blog posts, updates and shares distributed on Facebook then a fraction of my followers will see my latest updates. For example, I shared another bloggers funny quote & photo on December 4th & in the past 4 days only 30 of my 108 followers were able to organically (in their news feed)  view it.  It's sort of like being a public speaker at an event and of the 100 people in the audience, 70 people are wearing ear plugs. Booo.

I'm also a new member of a few "Communities". Communities brings like minded individuals together for private conversations within the community, sharing & collaborating. It's hosted by a moderator & it's a great place for folks to discuss technology, brands, marketing and so on. It features "Hangout" video chats & an events calendar. Oh & guess what?! Posts show up in our news feeds. Imagine that!

If you're a food blogger you may consider dropping by Chef Dennis' site. You can find him here: http://www.askchefdennis.com/ He is the moderator of one of the "communities" & all food bloggers are welcome!

By the way, here's where to find me on Google+:  Purple Oven Mitt, Google+

This week it's two cheers for Google & for a cheesy baked tomato recipe!

Baked Tomato with Feta, Breadcrumbs & Green Onion

  • 4 Roma tomatoes, halved & flesh removed
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 tablespoons italian bread crumbs
  • 2 tablespoons diced green onions
  • 1/2 cup feta cheese

Place halved tomatoes in a baking dish. Add cheese, bread crumbs & green onions. Drizzle with olive oil.

Bake 375 for 20 minutes.

Serves: 4




2 comments:

  1. These look good! Emily makes something similar with cottage cheese in it and sprinkles of coarse! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leah...Emily's version sounds tasty too! I love it when my kids help in the kitchen.

      Delete

Readers Comments