This was one of those holidays. It was just right. Read on for the resort review & a few of our favorite restaurants!
The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, Scottsdale
|Rolling hills at the golf course|
|Daily bagpipes at sunset on the golf course|
|The breakfast buffet was delicious. Fresh berries, smoked salmon, freshly squeezed juices & chocolate crosaints.|
|Poolside cabana view|
The Westin Kierland Resort and Spa
- Gorgeous grounds
- Beautiful pools & relaxing lazy river
- Chilled Eucalyptis towels at the weight room
- Bagpipes at sunset
- My vote for Best Hotel Breakfast Buffet
- Nice walking paths for an early morning workout
- Walking distance to shopping & restaurants
- Lack of crowds
- Fridge in room
- Patio to enjoy the sunrise
- Attentive and friendly valet staff offering us water to help combat the 100 degree + weather
- Cabana rental not necessary in the off season
- Water stations are scattered around the pool area
- Water & towels at the weight room
- Safeway grocery store is located less than a mile from the resort
Arcadia Farms Cafe & Marketplace
Charm abounds at Arcadia Farms which is located a few blocks away from Scottsdale Fashion Square. They offer organic and local fruit, veggies & cheese in all their dishes. I enjoyed the fresh raspberry salad with fossil creek goat cheese, jicama, carrots, & candied pecans in a light vinaigrette.
The Marketplace, located across the street, is as adorable as the photos show. Grab-n-go salads, sandwiches and baby cake desserts are offered.
Los Sombreros Cafe & Cantina
Los Sombreros Restaurant in Scottsdale offers a fresh twist on the mexican classics. Character abounds with a festive outdoor patio and a rustic/eclectic indoor dining area.
|Jicama Tostada Shrimp Salad|
|Camarone con tequila al aljillo. The bacon and chipotle cream was flavorful & tasty|
|Grilled rib eye steak tacos|
I'm already dreaming of my next Arizona holiday. I would love to learn about your favorite destinations in Arizona. Please leave me a comment below. Thanks!