Sunday, June 3, 2012

Burrito Bowl

I must admit, this is an accidental recipe. 

 Last week I decided to make a large quantity of freezer meals.  I had pounds and pounds of ground beef & Italian sausage.  Numerous onions and more garlic cloves than I cared to count.  I dusted off the food processor and got busy making all sorts of noise and messes.

At the end of the day I was tired & ready to kick my feet up on the coffee table.  I wasn't the least bit interested in a Mom style plated dinner containing a protein, veggie, carb and fruit.  I literally tossed things into bowls, held my breath as I served my family, sat back and hoped for the best.  To  my surprise everyone was pleased with their custom bowl.



Here's how I made my bowl:

  • Roundhouse Taco Meat with rice. Click here for the recipe: Local in Bellingham
  • Fresh avocado
  • Canned olives
  • Sour cream
  • Salsa
  • Fresh cilantro
  • Shredded cheddar cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers Comments