and nutritious muffin?
- 1/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2/3 oat bran
- 2 tablespoons milled flax seed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk (dairy is o.k. too)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (we buy honey flavor)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
|Trader Joe's Roasted & Milled Flax Seed with Blueberries|
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray.
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, cinnamon & vanilla.
In a separate bowl, mix flour and baking powder. Add to the butter mixture & mix on low. Add milk and yogurt. Mix again, on low.
Pour muffin batter into tins. Add blueberries and push down lightly, they'll sink as they bake.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Yield: 12 muffins
*Warning*....you'll wish you doubled the batch.