Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Gluten Free Soy Chorizo & Veggies with Pasta

                               Try this fast & flavorful meal.

                                It's great for lunch, dinner or as a side dish.

I was reading labels and lingering far too long in the deli area at Trader Joe's when a kind employee suggested I try the soy chorizo.  I don't think I would have tried it without being suggested to do so.  There's something about animal fat that makes everything taste better & noticing that there isn't any animal fat I was concerned.  
He suggested I try the soy chorizo in a home made chili & insisted it was delicious. So I caved. 

I whipped up this spicy & healthy meal.  I thoroughly enjoyed the soy chorizo & 
                               I didn't miss the animal fat. 

     I hope you'll give it a try and tell me what you think.

  • 12 ounces vegan/gluten free soy chorizo
  • 12 ounces "Fiesta frozen vegetables"
  • 2 cups uncooked pasta (Rice noodles, wheat noodles, egg noddles...whichever you prefer)  Today I used egg noodles.
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup water

Remove soy chorizo from casing.  Place oil in a fry pan & add soy chorizo. Add frozen veggies & 1/2 cup water.  Cover and saute on medium for about 12 minutes.  Stir occasionally.

Cook pasta according to package directions.  Drain and add to the soy chorizo/veggie mixture. Toss to coat in the fry pan. Serve immediately.

Serves: 6 lunches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers Comments