Thursday, March 29, 2012

Extreme Coupon Shopping at Target


Easter, birthdays' & out of town trips visiting families had me a little panicky, budget wise. If you are feeling a budget crunch too, please read on.  I'm going to share with you how you can give great gifts that kids want without breaking your budget. 

I stumbled upon an my new favorite website.It's called http://thekrazycouponlady.com/ I was intrigued with their Target Coupon Deals article. The website offers clear photos, pricing, & links to both the Target coupons, and the manufacturer coupons, alike.

               I dusted off our printer and got busy!  I made a few mistakes
                           along the way which I'll mention later.

Here's what I bought:

2 Twister Board Games
Retail $14.89
On sale: $10.00
Target coupon: $3.00 off
Manufacturer coupon: $3.00 off
Purchase Price: $6.00 each



3 Battleship Card Games
Retail: $7.00 each
Purchase Price: $0.00 
*Buy one Hasbro game over $10.00 get one Hasbro card game free!



1 Electronic Yahtzee & 2 Electronic Scrabble Games
Retail: $24.99
On Sale: $15.00
Target coupon: $3.00 off
Manufacturer coupon: $5.00 off
Purchase Price: $7.00 each


1 Nerf N-Strike Rayven
Retail: $25.00
Target coupon:$5.00 off
Manufacturer coupon: $5.00 off
Purchase Price:$15.00


2 Swirlin Shake Shoppe Play-Doh
Retail on sale:$9.99.
Target coupon: $3.00 off
Manufacturer coupon: $3.00 off
1 at Purchase Price: $3.99 
1 at Purchase Price: $6.99 


3 cans of Chicken Noodle soup: Market Pantry
Retail:$1.39 each
Target coupon:.31 cents each when you buy 3.
Purchase Price: .98 cents each.


3 boxes of Bow Tie Pasta: Market Pantry
Retail:$1.39 each
Target coupon: .67 each when you buy 3
Purchase Price: .67 each


My mistakes:
I printed one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon per type of item.  I learned that you must have a set of coupons for each item, even if you are buying duplicate items.  Target will readjust the price if you bring in the additional coupons within one day.


I went back home and reprinted the additional coupons required but discovered that the Target coupon for the Play-doh was no longer available.  I returned to Target and they provided a price adjustment with my additional coupons which resulted in a refund of $38.00. They were not able to include the $3.00 Target coupon for the Play-doh. 






                      Thank you Heather & Joanie 
                  at http://thekrazycouponlady.com/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




                Have you tried extreme coupon shopping? 
                          I would love your tips! 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers Comments