Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Steimer's Smoothie

My son is a big smoothie fan and no sooner do I hear the after school "Hi Mom" and the kerplunk of the backpack, then I listen for the freezer opening and closing. He fires up the blender and the whirring noise fills the air.

Smoothie's bring back fond memories of my childhood in Maui. Fresh mango's from the neighbors yard and fresh papaya's from our yard (unless the pesky myna birds got to them before we did). My dad was a fan of smoothies and I grew accustomed to having both his smoothies and egg sandwiches often.

Since papaya's and mango's aren't growing in our backyard in Washington, we are mixing our smoothie's with blueberries.  Last summer we picked 30 pounds at berry farm. We froze them for days like today...when the sun is out!


  • One banana
  • 2 cups of vanilla ice cream
  • 2 cups of blueberries
Mix in a blender.

Yield: 4 glasses of Steimer smoothie's

What's your favorite smoothie flavor?



2 comments:

  1. I am a huge smoothie fan too. refreshing milky fruity, perfect on hot summer days. Blueberries r my favourite berries and I can imagine how tasty it is combined with vanilla ice cream. mhmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tasty, more like a dessert- ha! Helene, thanks for dropping by and glad you're back. Will you be blogging about your vacation?

    ReplyDelete

Readers Comments