Tuesday, January 24, 2012

An's Pork Chops Grilled to Perfection


We're preparing to go on vacation & it's not just finding the flip flops among the snow boots or securing a pet sitter (thank you Jamie!) that are heavy on my mind.  I'm thinking of the return from vacation; sorting through a box of mail, listening to phone messages & meal planning.  To make the transition a bit easier I'm stocking our freezer with 4 ready-to-go meals that will be waiting for us when we get back. I'm sharing 2 freezer meals here on my blog in the next few days.

You'll find the other 2 recipes at a dear friends fabulous site, Local in Bellingham, where it's my sincere pleasure to write a guest post sharing 2 new freezer friendly recipes.
Please visit:
 http://www.localinbellingham.com/articles/healthy-homemade-dinners-in-a-snap


Day 1 of 2 Freezer Meal: An's Pork Chops: This light marinade is very flavorful.

  • 6-8 pounds of pork chops or pork loin
  • 1 1/3 cups soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2/3 cup rice vinegar
  • 1/4 cup sesame oil
  • 3 tablespoons minced ginger
  • 3 tablespoons minced garlic (freshly minced)
  • 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 3 one-gallon freezer bags

Divide the pork chops among the freezer bags.  In a bowl mix soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil.  Pour into 3 bags.  Place one tablespoon of garlic and ginger in each bag.  Place 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Seal and Freeze.




Label bags with a permanent marker.  I put my name, date, recipe name and cooking instructions.  I put my name on the bag in case I share a meal with a friend. This way if they have questions about the meal they can call me.




Yield: 3 meals serving 4-5 people

* Recipe source is "The Warehouse Gourmet" by Kati Nevile & Lindsay Tkacsik.

A special thank-you to my dear friend, Leah, who loaned me her cookbook.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers Comments