You'll find the other 2 recipes at a dear friends fabulous site, Local in Bellingham, where it's my sincere pleasure to write a guest post sharing 2 new freezer friendly recipes.
Day 1 of 2 Freezer Meal: An's Pork Chops: This light marinade is very flavorful.
- 6-8 pounds of pork chops or pork loin
- 1 1/3 cups soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic (freshly minced)
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 one-gallon freezer bags
Divide the pork chops among the freezer bags. In a bowl mix soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil. Pour into 3 bags. Place one tablespoon of garlic and ginger in each bag. Place 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Seal and Freeze.
Label bags with a permanent marker. I put my name, date, recipe name and cooking instructions. I put my name on the bag in case I share a meal with a friend. This way if they have questions about the meal they can call me.
Yield: 3 meals serving 4-5 people
* Recipe source is "The Warehouse Gourmet" by Kati Nevile & Lindsay Tkacsik.
A special thank-you to my dear friend, Leah, who loaned me her cookbook.