Thursday, January 31, 2013

Italian Sausage, Bean, Farro and Veggie Soup in the Ninja Cooking System



Have you heard of Vine? It's an app that the folks at Twitter developed & features 6 second videos. I set up a Vine profile today and linked it to my Twitter account. I even went so far as recording a video of this recipe. I will say that I think the app is pretty neat.  I know that we already have a video based app in You Tube. I think where You Tube falls short Vine shines.  Vine caters to those with short attention spans (don't be offended, I have one of those too).  When I imagine waiting in line at the grocery store or waiting in line to get fuel or waiting for my child's bus to arrive I think that Vine will entertain me nicely. The news feed sorts by category & the short videos could fill the gap in time nicely. Just sayin'.

 I discovered the hard way, though,  that there isn't a way to edit a post (video). My tags were #soup & #ninjacookingsystem.  Which sounds great except that it's such a new app that the category for my post should actually be #food.  Living and learning in social media, or as my son would say "NEWB".

Italian Sausage, Bean, Farro and Veggie Soup in the Ninja Cooking System


  • 1 pound Italian sausage
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  •  4 carrots, peeled and sliced
  • 1 cup quick cooking farro (I used a 10 minute cook sold at Trader Joe's)
  • 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
  • 1/2 cup kale, torn into quarter size pieces
  • 1 cup or 3 stalks of diced celery
  • 10 dashes of Franks hot sauce
  • 6 dashes of worchestire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon of no salt seasoning
  • 2 cans of butter beans (purred in a blender or food processor)
  • 1 cup tomatoes (purred in a blender or food processor
  • 4 cups of water
  • 3 chicken boullion cubes
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • basil to garnish

In your Ninja Cooking system on high add olive oil, Italian sausage and onion. Saute for about 10 minutes.

Add remaining ingredients and cook on high for 10 minutes or until boiling. Stir and reduce the heat to stove top low and allow to cook for 20 minutes.  Set to slow cooker low until ready to eat!

Garnish with fresh basil

Easy, healthy & yummy!

Serves: 10 people

By the way, if you would like to see the video of this recipe please visit Vine.co and view my profile: @purpleovenmitt 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers Comments