Monday, December 3, 2012

Maple Whiskey Pork Chops in the Ninja Cooking System

Maple Whiskey Pork Chops in the Ninja Cooking System





Q:  What kind of pig knows karate?




A:   A pork chop

I know you read my blog for more than just the amazing recipes. I'm your go-to source for hilarious jokes that will delight your friends and family too.  O.k. maybe not. At all. I was typing up a short bio for a new social media platform that I'm enjoying (Google+) & I felt a bit challenged.

 Most social media provides space to write a tagline. I've got one on Twitter, Facebook, Google + & Pinterest but it seems redundant to use the same one across the web. I'm lacking satisfaction with all of my taglines and this means a call for help! (Yes, you. You're reading this blog post and I need you. Please, pretty please.)

Here's what you'll find on Twitter: Mom, wife, newbie blogger and National Guard family. On a quest to eat healthier. Somewhat obsessed with cookbooks and creating a variety of home dining experiences.

Here's my Google + profile:  Here you'll see a wife and mom with a business degree who can't sing, sew, knit or draw. I'm surrounded by cheerful yellow walls & black granite counters mixed with a 50's lime green dinette set in our kitchen nook and I life that I love. Constantly trying new recipes and challenging myself to balance the tried and true with the exciting and new. And yes, I heart the kitchen!

Here's my Pinterest profile: Mom, wife, family/food/travel blogger. On a quest to eat healthier. Somewhat obsessed with cookbooks and creating a variety of home dining experiences.

The Facebook Page profile: Sharing the joys of family life with recipes, entertaining tips, travel experiences and book reviews.

I'm not really content with any of my profiles. Can you please help me?  I would love feedback. Don't worry, I won't be offended when you are honest. Thanks!!

But back to the pork chop, this little piggie went to to the Ninja Cooking System and tasted great! Here's how to cook Maple Whiskey Pork Chops in the Ninja Cooking System:


  • 4 bone in pork chops
  • 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 cup whiskey 
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
  • 2 teaspoons blackened seasoning
  • 4 tablespoons no salt seasoning (sold at Costco and Trader Joe's)

Yield: 4 servings

Mix all ingredients in a gallon sizer plastic bag. Toss to coat and marinate in the fridge for a few hours.

Pour pork chops and marinate in the Ninja Cooking System.  Set dial to Oven at 350 degrees. Place lid on top and cook for 10 minutes. Remove lid and turn pork chops over. Place lid back on top and cook for another 10 minutes.





I love how perfectly 4 pork chops fit in the Ninja!



ps- please use comments below for any tips on writing a better profile for my social media platforms.  Thanks!!





1 comment:

Readers Comments